Be part of the Team
There are lots of ways to get involved in the Breaking New Ground Scheme. No matter what your age, ability or interest, with 37 projects there's something to suit everyone and we need your help!
Whether it's helping with outdoor conservation tasks, conducting surveys, undertaking research or helping at an event, your contribution will make a difference. You don't have to make a long-term commitment or sign-up to do lengthy activities; if all you can spare is 1 hour, we still want to hear from you. Your help really will make a difference to the success of the scheme and the future of the Brecks.
- Practical conservation work with Norfolk Wildlife Trust and the Forestry Commission
- Oral history interviewing and archiving with Friends of Thetford Forest
- Historical research and report writing with the Breckland Society
- Wildlife recording with Norfolk Biological Information Service
- Events involvement at Breaking New Ground and partner events
- Work experience placements across the Brecks
- And many more as the scheme progresses
Even if you can only spare a single hour, you could do these really helpful things:
- Conduct or give an oral history interview of your historical experiences of Thetford Forest or memories of the wartime periods.
- Spotting and recording Brecks wildlife outdoors and online.
- Monitor the health of a pine line
- Interpret nest cam footage for members of the public at High Lodge
- Helping to map a historical GIS layer of Brecks a parish
- Walking one of our new trails and giving us your feedback
There are two ways to find out more and register your interest:
- Read about the projects by visiting the projects page; if something piques your interest contact the organisation involved directly.
- Get in touch with the Breaking New Ground Team for an informal chat about what you'd like to do. Click here for details.
For all the latest news and event details you can sign up to our mailing list. You will receive a monthly newsletter, and additional information about forthcoming events and workshops. Email us at BNG to join. Your details will not be passed beyond the Breaking New Ground Scheme. Alternatively call us on 01842 815465.