People's Pot Launched
The Breaking New Ground Landscape Partnership announces the launch of its £30,000 ‘PEOPLE’S POT’ Community Grant fund.
As part of the £2.2m Heritage Lottery funded Breaking New Ground Landscape Partnership Scheme, a special fund is available for making grants of up to £5,000 in support of independent landscape and heritage projects in the Scheme area.
The People's Pot is open to everyone including organisations or groups from the public, private, voluntary and community sectors across The Brecks. Breaking New Ground is particularly keen to encourage projects that:
- improve understanding of the natural and cultural heritage of The Brecks
- capture and tell stories about the changing Brecks landscape
- restore and manage Brecks habitats and aspects of the area’s cultural heritage
- actively involve people in caring for The Brecks
- improve access to The Brecks
- work with young people to inspire the next generation of custodians
- produce materials that enhance people’s experience of the area.
To find out more go to the People's Pot page.